Thursday 9 February 2012

To save a life

OK so you all know those posters you see around your neighborhood about missing pets and stuff?? Well during my lifetime I think I've seen about a million of those, and never really cared to do anything about it....AS IF I'm going to run around looking like an idiot trying to find a stray dog or cat?? yeah no! 

However, after a chill-axed session in Shona's house, we went out to walk each other home (Shona and I live in the same neighborhood), anyway we do this really funny thing all the time, where we walk each other half way across the distance to our houses and then disperse by ourselves to walk the other half way alone - just coz we're super lazy to walk the whole way =P

BUT anyway, during our walk home, I saw this cat lurking around and instantly remembered one of the posters I saw a few days ago about a missing cat! huzzah! 

I told Shona and she ran to get the cat that was hiding in the bushes somewhere. I'm not a big fan of cats, so I left the manual handling to Shona while I rang up the cat's owners. Over the phone the owners sounded superrr excited and I was getting equally excited too coz we possibly might have found the right cat - therefore being a step closer to getting a REWARD! yeahh baby! 

After a lot of meowing from Shona and I the cat finally warmed up to us, we called Shona's sister who was inside the house to bring us a bowl of milk so that we could persuade the cat to stay by our sides till the owner arrived. After a few minutes, the Asian owners came by and recognized the cat as theirs, somehow the cat really wasn't happy to see them, so it bolted again! 

However, Shona being a great cat whisperer that she is, managed to get the cat sane again :D 

So our reward was 100 bucks!!!! we split it $50 each. Shona's sister, Hannah thought she deserved 10% just coz she brought out the milk...ummm no! she didn't even pour the milk out?? We were quite defensive with out money! HAHAHA


So yes! even though we did save the cat for the money, we still saved a life! so there! You guys should try it out some time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment